Thursday 13 September 2007

Auction "Fever"

Here in England auctions are every where and they are addictive! You never know what you'll find! Like I've said before just looking is a thrill but to actually go back and try to get the can't live without item is a real rush. Hence my teapots. Notice it's plural. Last Saturday Alan and I went to an auctions close to the house (which makes Alan cringe). It was laid out very neatly and everything was easy to examine. I found a collections of seven teapots and one creamer (circa pre WWI) I had to have. It was lot 177 so I had to wait through 176 other items. I did bid on one small item before the teapots. I had not mentioned to Alan I was bidding on the item. I would have loved to seen the look on his face when my arm flew up. His expression got the attention of the auctioneer as he commented on his look of surprise. Anyway when he finally got to the teapots there were several initial bids. It finally came down to me and one other person. They finally gave up when they realized my arm never went down. I just held up my number and I was in for the long haul. Finally the bidding ended and I got the bid at 100 pounds ($200.00). Now I know it's tacky to tell what you pay for something.....but my reason for telling is I found the teapot below on the Internet and it's worth alone (without the other seven) is what I paid for ALL of them!! I also picked up eight beautifully framed Disney lithographs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess y'all are drinking lots of tea, huh?

Anonymous said...

Now you'll have to join our Red Hat group when you come home so you can use your new teapots. Sounds like you had lots of fun. Good thing they weren't autioning any hunting items or you may have had the surprised look, right? VHS