Saturday 18 August 2007

International Festival of Quilts Birmingham England



Even though I'm new to quilting this show was a wonderful experience. I've enjoyed the beauty and history of quilts for years. To see so many beautiful quilts under one roof was amazing. There were so many different uses of textures and colors. The pictures do not do the quilts justice but I have pick this quilt to show because of the different squares. I went with the Fairford quilting group and we had a wonderful time. We went to hear a lecture by Mari Mitchell on Log Cabin Squares and picked up a few pointers. There were so many American vendors there we were able to pay for some things in dollars instead of pounds that was a real bonus. Next year we are going to make it a two day trip and stay overnight. There is to much to see you can not cover it all in one day.
As we were looking at all the cutters, rulers and fancy quilting machines I could not help but think about my Grandmother and wonder what she would think about all this.

No comments: