Saturday 25 August 2007

So the necks not crooked.......it's still squash!


I'm sure your all scratching your heads about now but you don't understand what a big deal this is for us. Shortly after we arrived I started looking for yellow squash. Alan and I both love it and it's the one vegetable we really missed. I had seen the squash bloom on a seed packet in the B&Q (England's Home Depot) but it is not called squash. I can't remember right now what they call it but it will come to me later. Anyway I have looked in every grocery store, every weekly market and vegetable shop I've pasted by for the last year. I've talked with numerous people here and they had no idea what I was talking about. Mom asked me last June while we were home if there was anything particular we wanted her to fix that we missed. So we did have steamed squash and onions one time in the last year. Then last Wednesday I walked in to the commissary and there it was. Beautiful yellow straight neck but squash!! The taste is not exactly the same but it is close enough. So Alan and I went back today and bought all they had so I can freeze it. (I remember now they call it courgettes).

No comments: