Monday 30 July 2007

Going Going Gone!






I had my first successful trip to the auction last week. I love going to the auctions here. They have "a viewing" the day before the auction so you can closely examine all the items going up for bid. Just going and looking at some of the beautiful pieces is a lot of fun. But to go back the next day and try to get the "can't live without item" is a real rush. You have a card with a number on it (that you hold up) so you don't have to worry about scratching your head or raising an eyebrow the wrong way which was a relief to me. One item I really wanted I was not able to get the price just got to high but I did come away with a couple of things I really love. The blue pitcher was made here in England for Tiffany and Company. The copper samovar is 19th century and I just thought it was unique. I mean how many people do you know that has a copper samovar? But my favorite is the rosewood and satinwood inlaid work box.

No comments: