Tuesday 24 July 2007

Sudeley Castle


Today I went to Sudeley Castle. It was a beautiful sunny day here in England. This history of Sudeley Castle begins in the 10th Century when King Ethelred gave the Saxon manor house and estate of Sudeleagh and the surrounding Royal deer park to his daughter Goda at the time of her marriage to Walter de Maunt. When Henry VIII came to the throne in 1509 Sudeley was still Crown property. A bed slept in by Henry VIII is still in the castle and still used today. It also has the christening gown of Elizabeth I. It has many beautiful gardens and several species of pheasant. I would have attached more pictures as I took over a hundred today.....but I did not have the disk in my digital camera. So I have no pictures to show!! The only thing keeping me from total melt down is I know I'll be going back for Alan to go thru the property. It is truly a beautiful place and well worth a second trip. If the name sounds familiar it was in the news several months ago when Liz Hurley was married there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, to bad we missed that one... maybe next time!

Matt