Thursday 4 October 2007

Betty Crocker doesn't live here!!


It's not the prettiest I've baked in the past but it was still very tasty. After having a busy two weeks, Alan and I decided to hang around the house this past weekend. When we took Coco on her walk Sunday we took along two containers to collect blackberries. They have been coming in the last couple of weeks. We have an ample supply close so we managed to collected enough with out a single bee sting. Both of our hands looked like we'd been in a cat fight however and lost. I was having trouble finding the equivalent of Crisco for the batter in our local market. I asked an elderly couple if they knew where I could fine it in the store. The man got this big grin on his face and said "that's the ole fashion way to cook". I laughed and told him I know but it's only once a year during berry season. She had never heard of Crisco of course but took me straight over to the refrigerated area next to the cheese and pointed out this large hard block marked "lard". I brought it home and it had to set out all day before it got soft enough for me to use. I'm glad it not time for a cholesterol check.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YUUUMMMM