Friday 19 October 2007

Walkabout Calne

Today the beautiful October weather continues! I had to go to the hair salon so I took my camera along and snapped a few pictures. I understand the building was originally built in the 1800 as a house. Years later it was a bicycle shop and tyre shop when fewer cars were around. I sure it's been other things also.





















The picture below is of Saint Mary's.
It's history is well documented. It was built in the 1200. It was renovated in the Victorian period when pews were added. It is a beautiful small church. We can see the highest tower from our bedroom window. We also hear the bells very well here at the house. I can not hear the clock chime during the day but when I'm up at midnight I usually hear it striking twelve. I can't help but think when I hear them "Yes, God's always on duty"!
Love to all!!

No comments: